Lodge Dutch Oven
Best Lodge Dutch Oven 2020
If you don’t yet have a Dutch Oven in your kitchen, it’s time to pick one up. Lodge This heavy-duty piece of cookware is one of the oldest and most classic styles around, and easily one of the most versatile – safe to use on both the stovetop and the oven, and perfect for making everything from hearty stews to fried chicken and even breads and cakes.
- A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn’t quit, the Lodge Dutch Oven is an enameled cast iron classic that’s great for preparing and serving memorable meals.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON? It is actually glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Dimensions : 13.56 L X 10.98 W X 4.68 H inch
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America. All Lodge seasoned cast iron and carbon steel cookware is proudly made in the USA, meaning you’ll get craftsmanship that has been passed down through generations. Lodge Enameled Iron products are made in China to strict metallurgical and casting specifications.
This enameled cast iron Dutch oven comes with 6 quarts of capacity and dimensions measure 4 ½ inches deep by 10 ¾ inches in diameter. It has porcelain-enamel chip-resistant finish and is made of cast iron with loop side handles for secure and safe transport.
You can rest assured of its longevity and durability with assurance of lifetime warranty. It is also oven safe to resist heat up to 500 deg. F. It comes with handle and self-basting cover with capacity to retain heat, moisture and healthy nutrients of the food. It is recommended to hand wash this Dutch oven with silicone or wood utensils.
Product Dimensions 14 x 7 x 12 inches
Item Weight 13.8 pounds
Lodge L8dd3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 5 Qt.
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned 5 Quart Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
- Lid converts to a 10.25 Inch Skillet
- Loop handles provide secure control
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Use to sear, sauté, simmer, bake, broil, braise, roast, fry, or grill
- Use in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire
- Great for induction cooktops
A century-long brand that is loyal to the conventional Dutch oven design, the Lodge L8DD3 oven comes in a single variant. But for its fine finish and skillet lid, you would easily mistake this cookware as one from a half millennia back.
As noted, the lid can be converted into a skillet for frying, searing, and browning. The lid, however, fits nicely onto the bottom pot to make for an ergonomic handle.
And, that’s not all…
This product is not chemically coated and is sold pre-seasoned in vegetable oil. It spreads heat fast and evenly to give you ultimate results in lesser time.
Even better, the L8DD3 can be used on any stovetop type, in an oven, on an indoor/outdoor grill, and even over an open fire. Its cast iron and carbon steel composition are both very rugged and can withstand virtually anything.
Manufactured to be versatile and last a lifetime, you do not want to miss this Dutch Oven that would make a fine addition to your kitchenware!
Nice design and finish. The lid can be used as a skillet. Ergonomic handles. Chemical free. Does not require seasoning. Fast and even heat distribution. All stovetop compatible. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor flame and grill surfaces. Very durable.
Product Dimensions 12.62 x 10.38 x 6.3 inches
Item Weight 12.37 pounds
Lodge L12dco3 Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 8 Quart
- 8 QT. DEEP CAMP DUTCH OVEN. The Lodge portable “camp stove” is the pot that does it all. The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. The integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over the campfire.
- PRE-SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge provides pre-seasoned cookware with no synthetic chemicals; just soy based vegetable oil. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning becomes.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- CAMP COOKING 101. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Whether you’re roasting a chicken in the oven, or cooking chili over the campfire, Lodge has you covered with the included Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
If you live or have traveled to places where outdoor cooking is the norm, you will notice that the pots are usually fitted with three sturdy feet.
These feet assure the cook that they will not tip, as they are properly centered to hold the pot and its contents. They also elevate the pot slightly to allow for firewood or a charcoal heat source to be placed underneath.
While our needs have moved indoors, this best Dutch oven is a great idea for outdoor lovers. With this product, you do not need to look for stones to support your pot. You are also 100 percent sure that this Dutch oven will stay with you, no matter what.
This item is sold in three size variants to meet individual needs. And, each one features a lid that can be converted into a griddle for varied use. As you must have guessed, this Dutch oven’s components are all adaptable to outdoor flames, e.g., a campfire.
Even better, this item comes pre-seasoned with no synthetic chemicals; just soy-based vegetable oil. Thus, you can buy and use instantly without stress. Also adaptable to oven use, you get a lot done with this product.
The best part, however, might just be the free Dutch Oven camping recipes cookbook included with the purchase of this item. That and the long handle that allows for one hand carrying of this excellent cookware.
Product Dimensions 12 x 12 x 5.5 inches
Item Weight 20 pounds
Manufacturer Lodge Logic
Best Dutch Oven Buying Guide
A Dutch Oven, as with other cookware, needs to be carefully selected. Here, we have outlined the things you need to consider when buying one. Therefore, you can easily select the best Dutch Oven for your personal needs.
So, let’s go through them…
The size of your best Dutch oven should reflect what you’re going to use it for. Several models are sold in different sizes, and it would be best to look through them. Having too small or too large an item comes with disadvantages.
A Dutch oven size for a family of 4 is sure going to be much larger than that used by a single individual. However, since this “oven” is actually a pot, it is recommended that you stock your kitchen with different sizes to meet your needs at all times.
A feature like an effective non-stick surface is very important. This allows you to wash it easily and ensures easy food release. Some models are dishwasher compatible, and you should go for them if you need that feature.
Also, ergonomic lids and handles features make your cookware easier to use and should be considered.
Lastly, stovetop, oven and broiler compatibility. While most of the best Dutch Ovens are compatible with all-stovetop types, some are not suitable for oven/broiler use.
Even for the ones that are, check the maximum heat resistance to ensure you are buying an item that can truly bake.
Color And Design
As opposed to back in times gone by, this modern cookware comes in a wide range of colors and designs. Select one that you will be happy to see and use every day. Also, try making a pick that does not clash with existing colors in your kitchen.
The best Dutch Ovens are made from cast iron. This distributes heat evenly to give you uniform cooking. It also retains heat, and can be used under low heat settings.
This saves you on your energy costs while giving you great tasting meals.
Depending on your requirements, you should pick a Dutch Oven that is either indoor or outdoor compatible, or both. While there are several models that offer you the versatility of both, buying a product specific to either purpose is generally a better idea.
The Best Dutch Oven?
Understandably, the Dutch Oven has not been phased out of existence. Their durability comes without rival. If you’re looking for cookware to last you a lifetime, then you need a Dutch Oven.
The good news, however, is that it doesn’t look ancient. As time has passed, a lot of modernity has taken over this vintage item.
Now in a variety of colors, and with features like heat sealing lids and non-stick interior surfaces, among others, any one of these wonderful cookware will make a fine addition to your kitchen.
But, there has to be a winner. And, our overall pick for the best Dutch oven goes to the…